Step Back and Review
Since the beginning of the year, I've been blogging on this idea of a vision becoming an actuality. Thus far, I've hit on:
- A Good Vision Isn't Enough
- Elements of a Good Vision
- A Vision Without a Plan is a Pipe Dream
- Vision Without Execution is Hallucination
- Executing with Discipline: Mastering the Art of Self-Control
- The Need for Regular Recalibration
The last element is to step back and review. The original inception of this series came to me toward the end of last year. I personally find that the end of the year is a great time to step back and review - especially that last week between Christmas and New Years.
Mark your calendar for that this year. Plan some time away to review. Get alone and reflect.
- How did the year go?
- How did you grow?
- What did you accomplish?
- What didn't you accomplish that you thought you would have?
- What stood in the way or detracted you?
Re-read that vision you wrote out. Honestly ask how that went.
Re-read over the plans you made. Honestly assess how well you executed.
And then... start all over again. Vision, plan, execute, recalibrate and continue doing what God has called you to do.